Over the previous eleven years, the Conference has become the highest caliber event covering Russian and global agricultural sector.
It features the most qualified speakers, attendance of the highest ranking’ agribusiness executives, and a large productive capacity (since inception, the «land bank» of attending ag companies increased from 2.7 (inception year) to 7.0 MHA (2020) of arable land.
The conference is meant for big and biggest agricultural producers, ag inputs manufacturers, dealers and distributors, financiers, insurers, traders, processors, agricultural and agribusiness investors, policy makers.
The purpose of the Conference is to play as the platform where agricultural producers and their counterparts along the vertical supply chain meet together and have a complex discussion on opportunities and challenges of the upcoming crop marketing year and the years ahead.
We are proud that as the result of previous conferences there emerged a big number of new partnerships, strategic alliances and investments.
The Conference is being held during 2 days. During first day there is a group of workshops meant mainly to farmers on various acute farm management problems (see the agenda of previous conferences). During second day there will be a group of plenary sessions.
The extraordinary COVID-19 conditions affect the format of the Conference- 2021, as we envisage two participation opportunities:
— Offline format – personal participation. The hotel guarantees maximum possible safety and comfort participation conditions.
— Online format – for those who can’t and don’t want to come we organize an online translation with simultaneous interpretation into English.
Farmland, farm, and agribusiness investments: why Russia?
- 112 MHA of arable land
- Including 79 MHA of perennial crop farmland
- Land lease: up to 49 years
- Unlike neighboring Ukraine and Kazakhstan land market has been evolving for more than 20 years: millions of hectares are already in hands of private owners and investors, including truly foreign companies
- Land: still substantially undervalued regarding margin/price
- Foreigners: full rights to land lease, have right to buy land if establish Russian company: more than 2.4 MHA is already under control of foreign operators, including about 1.4 MHA in ownership
- Competitive advantage in small grains production: highest wheat and corn yields CAGR among all key competitors. Since 2017/18 through 2020/21 Russia has become the biggest world wheat exporter.
- Aggressively growing niche and less-developed industry branches, such as pulses, commercial vegetables, greenhouses, etc.
- Aggressively growing commercial animal protein sector: an incredible 12+% CAGR in commercial poultry and swine sectors during 2004-2020 period
- Strong state support of agriculture
- One of biggest European food consumption markets
- Sanctions and counter-sanctions have been painful for both sides, but, paradoxically, created new strong opportunities for many domestic ag production and processing sectors